For this simple DIY manicure, you will need:
– An orange wood stick
– Cuticle Clipper
– 240 grit nail file
– Nail polish, base & top coat
1. Start with shaping your nails to your desired preference I like square shaped nails that are rounded at the sides.
2. Use an orange wood stick to gently push back your cuticles (if you have time soak them for a few minutes in a bowl of warm water before pushing them back).
3. Use the cuticle clipper to trim a little of the excess cuticle.
4. Apply your base coat on all nails don’t forget to cap the edges of your nails with each layer of polish you apply – this works well against chips.
5. Thinly apply the first coat of colour polish and use the orange wood stick to tidy up excess polish that runs onto skin or floods the cuticle area.
6. Apply your second coat thinly as well making sure to cap the edges.
7. Finally, apply your top coat and let them dry! Try catching up on your favourite t.v show to keep you distracted for at least an hour or two. To extend the wear of your polish apply a coat of top coat polish the next day.
Do share your steps, tricks or tips for a basic manicure in the comments section below!