Requested post from blog reader Andreea.
I have wrestled with adult acne since my late teens. At 32, my skin has improved tremendously, but I still get occasional spots on my jawline. However, my biggest skin concern is the hyperpigmentation scars from years of acne. Over the years, I have tried a few different products and skincare routines to fade the acne scars and keep my acne at bay, but none was as successful as my current skincare routine!
- I cleanse my face with the Acne.org cleanser. A mild cleanser that I have been using since 2016. It cleans my skin without drying it out.
- I then apply the Acne.org 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide I have also been using this since 2016. Before adding serums to my skincare routine I used to apply Benzoyl Peroxide in the evening as well. This product is amazing for my skin, spots go away faster and it has immensely decreased my acne breakouts.
- Finally, I apply Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture 30 (Intense Hydration) sunscreen (even in winter). My skin cannot handle both sunscreen and moisturiser which is why moisturiser is not part of my morning skincare routine.
- After cleansing, I alternate between The Ordinary’s Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2% and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. I have been using both serums since January to help fade my hyperpigmentation marks. The AA 8% and AA 2% is aimed at lightening dark spots whilst also improving the radiance of the skin (contains Vitamin C). The Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% helps with congestion, oil-control, minimizes pores and reduces redness. In only six months my skin has improved drastically!
- The switch to The Ordinary’s serums has been the best skincare decision I have ever made and wish I had known about their products earlier. Previously I had been using SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic. C E Ferulic made my skin so soft and radiant, but it didn’t dramatically reduce my hyperpigmentation scars which were my main skincare concern. Which is why I decided to try The Ordinary’s range of skincare products.
- After applying serum I use The Ordinary’s Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA. It’s non-greasy, hydrating, made for all skin types and does not cause any irritation.
- Once a week I use the Salicylic Acid 2% Masque (also from The Ordinary). It targets the textural irregularities in my skin. After I’ve removed the mask I apply the Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2% serum and the Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA.
That’s my skincare routine! It’s not fancy and my skin is far from perfect, but it’s improving every day 🥰
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.